Angel Wing Heart

sitemap

snow

Blogger Widgets

Friday, May 25, 2012

Tinkerbell Shoes

The school year's almost over when I started noticing my daughter coming home from school without her socks on. She then, one day, told me that her shoes were already a  little snug with her socks on. No wonder she removes her socks after class. It's a good thing school's almost over then. The best part? It happened at the right time. I was looking for a doll shoes to match her tinkerbell dress. And since it fits her well without her socks on, it was perfect. :)

And so, here's how I made her tinkerbell shoes:

1. Wipe off dusts

 2. Remove bows and straps

3. I applied mod podge and sprinkled glitters, which was messy. Another way to do this is to mix the glitters to the mod podge before application.


4. Seal it with mod podge. It didn't reach the glossiness I wanted, so I also used a clear acrylic spray paint.

5. Add the white pom poms.

And that's it. :)


15 comments:

  1. you're so creative. very lovely DIY project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hindi ba natatanggal yung glitters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'd love to do this for my little girl, too! But I didn't quite get the 4th photo, why does it look blue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mod podge yun, sis. Supposedly, yun yung final coat. Kaya dapat mix ung glitters sa mod podge before application, para intact. Pag okay na ung glitters after few coats, wait for it to dry, after that, plain mod podge to seal it.

      Delete
  5. Wow where did you get the modpodge? I have a few projects that needed this but I just bought Elmer's glue (because its affordable). I'm not sure if it works the same way though.

    Also what kind of acrylic spray paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sa sm manila, sa deovir arts. Pero you could check out their site, deovirarts.com, may ibang locations pa sila.

      Delete
    2. Yung acrylic spray, i cant remember na the brand. Basta sa ace hardware, i looked for a clear acrylic spray.

      Delete
    3. hello sis, anong klaseng mod podge ang ginamit mo? i browsed their site at marami palang klase yun eh.

      thanks!

      Delete
  6. awww! what a clever idea Momi :-) great job on the tinkerbell shoes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea and handicraft :D I love the glitters in the shoes.. It'll really be cute for the tinkerbell outfit of your daughter :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow galing instant new shoes na agad. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...